What You Need to Know Before Your Appointment:
- You will go through screening questions when booking or confirming your appointment.
- You will have to go through a screening questionnaire attached to your email appointment reminder.
- And finally, you will quickly be screened just before you enter the clinic as well. We realize that it is a lot, but we want to keep everyone safe.
- The clinic doors will be locked. We kindly ask that you wait in your car when you arrive at the clinic. Our amazing administrative teams will call you when your practitioner is ready.
- Your practitioner will open the door for you once you get to the clinic.
- You must wear a mask at the clinic (a reusable fabric one is fine). If you forget your mask, we will provide you with one for the first time. If you forget again there will be a $2 charge.
- We ask you to sanitize your hands when you enter the clinic (we have sanitizing areas throughout both clinics, and in all treatment rooms).
- We will direct you straight to your treatment room, and we request that you sit on the therapy table as opposed to the chairs.
- Washrooms will still be available for patients, but we recommend that you try to go before you come for your appointment.
- Once you are done your appointment, if there is another patient at reception or in a common area, you will be directed to a safe space location (indicated by a footprint decal on the floor) that provides proper distancing.
- Once your appointment is complete, we ask that you pay quickly if using the debit machine.
- We are no longer accepting cash.
- We are offering e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or online invoicing and payments through our secure server. In this way you don’t have to make any physical contact with the payment machine.
- We will not be providing paper receipts anymore. We will email your receipts and statements to you.
- We will not be booking follow up appointments at the clinic. We ask that you call once you get back into your car, or book online.
- For the first month as we adapt to our new system, we will not be using modalities such as IFC (electric current), heat, ice, or laser.
- When we start using IFC again we are asking patients to buy their own reusable pads for $10 to prevent any cross contamination between patients.
Please note that due to various issues most practitioner schedules have changed, and some therapists will not be available initially when we start up.
To ensure the health and safety of you, our team, and our communities – we have implemented a number of new health and safety policies and procedures and invested significantly in personal protective equipment.
- Daily health screens, KN95 face masks, surgical facemasks, protective face shields, scrubs, gloves and disposable gowns.
- Time of booking health screen and in-clinic health screens, 3-layer medical face masks and hand sanitizer for clients.
- Plexiglass germ shields at the front desks.
- Specific standing areas to maintain 6ft distancing and prevent patient crossover.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting of common areas.
- Removal of all porous chairs and items that are difficult to disinfect.
- Cleaning breaks in-between all appointments to ensure rooms are properly disinfected with hospital grade cleaner.
- Staggered appointment times to maintain physical distancing, and prevent patient cross over.
- No use of common areas including reception waiting areas, rehabilitation areas, or electrical equipment for the time being.
- Contact tracing procedures (if necessary).